Spotlight on DFW’s Path Forward as a Leader in Sustainability
DFW Airport has released its 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) report, themed Shaping Tomorrow. The report provides transparent information and disclosures about DFW’s performance and impact on environmental, social and governance issues.
In 2022, DFW embraced the return of travel and stabilization of global aviation, and we have our sights firmly set on what’s ahead. DFW is leveraging its position as a leader in sustainability, forging new paths for community collaboration and creating new economic opportunities in pursuit of our vision of “Travel. Transformed.”
This year’s ESG report shines a spotlight on DFW’s commitment to, and progress toward, sustainable and innovative business practices reflected in the following goals and accomplishments:
· Commitment to Net Zero Carbon by 2030
· Signatory of the Glasgow Declaration on Climate Action in Tourism
· 2022 Texan by Nature (TxN20)
· Corporation of the Year – Women’s Business Council Southwest (WBCS)
· 2022 Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Award for Large Hub Airports by Airports Council International (ACI)
· 1/3+ of initiatives identified in the Strategic Plan are directly tied to technology and innovation
· The Risk Management Society (RIMS) Global Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Award of Distinction Honorable Mention
· Public Risk Management Association (PRMA) 2022 Outstanding Achievement for ERM Award
This year’s report covers the fiscal year 2022: Oct. 1, 2021, to Sept. 30, 2022.