DHL Takes Full Control of Danzas AEI Emirates for Regional Growth
DHL Global Forwarding (DHL) has taken complete control of freight forwarder Danzas AEI Emirates.
Before the full takeover, DHL had owned 40% of the UAE-based forwarder with the remaining 60% owned by Investment Trading Group, which is in turn owned by the Al Tayer Group.
DHL said that the full integration of Danzas will help accelerate growth in the UAE, Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and Middle East region.
Tim Scharwath, chief executive of DHL Global Forwarding, Freight, said: “Our close and trusted partnership with the Investment Trading Group over many years has taken Danzas to new heights and strengths.
“We are proud and grateful about what we have achieved together. As DHL continues its expansion trajectory across the region, a merger of both organizations will create a winning proposition for customers in the region, driving efficiency and sustainability.”
Matar Humaid Al Tayer, vice chairman and board member of Al Tayer Group, added: “Dubai has developed into an important logistics hub in recent years.
“As Dubai and the GCC continue to develop economically, we believe that fully integrating Danzas into the DHL network will unleash the potential necessary to become a truly leading logistics provider in the region.”
Danzas will operate under the DHL brand in future with employees transferred over to the German postal and logistics company.
According to Al Tayer, the company offers air, ocean, road and customs brokerage services and has a warehousing capacity exceeding 240,000 sq m.
Customers are a mix of local businesses and global multinational organizations across technology, automotive, aviation, engineering, FMCG, life sciences, government, retail and energy.