World Trade Center Miami will host a workshop and awards luncheon at the Double Tree by Hilton Miami Airport Convention Center East Hall on March 8, 2018. The workshop program will begin at 10:00 am and will cover the topic of Recognizing and Dealing with Sexual Harassment in the Workforce. Keynote speaker, Laura Lane, President of Global Public Affairs for UPS will give an update on Trade Agreements and the UPS Women’s Trade Initiative during the luncheon. The awards luncheon will begin at 12 noon with and will honor women who have made significant contributions in advancing international trade and business in Florida. 15th International Women’s Day Award Honorees:
• Dina Amato, Center Director of the Miami Field Office, U.S. Customs and Border Protection
• Sandra Bridgeman, Chief Financial Officer, Miami-Dade Aviation Department
• Donna Hrinak, President, Boeing Latin America
• Michelle Porter, Port Operations Manager, Maersk Line
• Alexandra Villoch, President and Publisher, Miami Herald Media Company
Charlotte Gallogly, president of World Trade Center Miami, states, “Now, more than ever, is the time to recognize and celebrate women business leaders in Florida’s trade community to make way and inspire future female leaders.”
This event is a part of the World Trade Center Miami’s “1000 Women Strong Trade Initiative” a pledge to advocate:
• Empowering women to raise their voices in support of international trade and of ongoing and new initiatives in gender parity in the international trade arena.
• Strengthening U.S. free trade agreements to provide equal access to opportunities for women-owned businesses and promote gender equality in the workplace.
• Automating US and global trade processes, which remove barriers to trade and growth, and in turn, creates opportunities for workplace advancements for women.
• Investing in South Florida’s trade-related infrastructure, and creating exciting new business opportunities for women entrepreneurs and executives in our community.
• Enhancing career and professional opportunities for women in South Florida through leadership and mentoring programs.